CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 17, 2007

MJ . . . LOVE HIM!!!

M and his BFF(Best Friend Forever) J. She had just had surgery a few days before this pic. She has had a tough time and has some a lot of healing to go but she loves to have her buddy over to visit . . . and he likes it as well. For those who don't know about our friend J, she was born at 27 weeks and has CP. She was/is a twin but only J is with us. She doesn't talk but can utter M's name. We don't know much about CP but ask a ton of questions. What we have learned the most is friendship and love are precious between these two. He can make her laugh in a second. . . even when she hurts. We have also enjoyed getting to know her sweet family. Ironically, she has older twin brothers who love to mess with M. One calls him "Goldilocks" . . . and he lets him.

I know this is Father's Day but I am late posting M's Mother's Day poem he wrote in school for me. It is one of those poems where the first letter of each line spells something:

Mom, I cherish you!
Often you work too much.
Through all my life you cared for me.
Heaven has given me you, but
Especially, your love is for me.
Remarkable, your miracles are to me!

Love, M

Someday I will share the one he wrote to the extinct dinosaurs.

2 comments:

Becca said...

That is a precious picture of you and your sweet friend, J, M! I know how much fun *I* always had playing with you and how easily you could always make me laugh. :) I can only imagine what a blessing your friendship is to J, too. If you want any new sources for CP info, Mr. Matt actually has a mild case of CP! He knows a lot about it and would be happy to talk to you about it anytime. :)
p.s. Is there any pattern to the kids' swim meets this summer? I wonder if we could come down and see one?!

Kim said...

Actually there was a meet this weekend in Orlando but we had way too much on our plate to swim. There is Junior Olympics in Gainesville in July but we won't be at that one either. I will have to check into the future. I think we are around Orlando a few more times this year.
CP is interesting. There are so many varying degrees of it. J's is mainly physical. She has a smartboard/computer thing and does a great job keeping up with her classmates.