CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

WHEW . . . I'm Tired!

Some of you know I have become the coupon queen and playing the Drugstore game and some of you don't but here is a picture of God's Provision today. Before you say, "yeah, right . . . who needs 5 plastic protractors" I will answer that for you . . . All the area kids who the church collects school supplies for. . . :)
My total OOP (out of pocket) expense was a whopping . . . .
$ 12.97
Yes, I am serious! In a nutshell, it consists of
3 transactions at CVS,
1 transaction at Office Depot (total .38 cents)
and
1 transaction at Wal Mart ( I still don't like you, Wal Mart !)
and . . I forgot to put in the picture the 3 bottles of Pert Shampoo that Wal Mart paid me 1.50 to take out of their store ( . . . nope, still not lovin the place)
I could have done even better OOP but I was stuck with a $10 ECB (CVS extra care buck) and my total was 6.43. I thought Is was going to cry b/c my previous total was 9 cents and she was hoping to beat me with "her" transaction.
My stockpile (in the biblical sense . . "stores" not in the hoarding sense) is looking stronger which is the key to spending under 50.00 a week for the family grocery budget (including paper products, laundry soap, health & beauty, etc)
If you want to know more about how to make this happen at your house, email me and I will send you some links.
Now take a look at my little burst of creativity which does not come around much anymore:



The hubby was in town for a quick 48 hours and wanted to take us kayaking (we were given one about a year ago) to Jupiter Island (think Tiger Woods home) We found ourselves on a deserted beach. These are sea sponges we found. Is found the most but we could not bring them all back over on the kayak. The candle came from my mom and I have been waiting for the perfect time to use it. I think I found it. What do you think? Frugal and free . . and a staycation!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I am impressed!! I have tried to get the hang of the CVS thing, but maybe I'm just missing something. Do you think it works out to be more useful for people with kids? I know of some who get all their diapers free or almost free with ECB (that sounds great to me in the future, unless I whole-heartedly try to convince Matt of cloth), but I just look through all the ECB deals and don't see anything we really need... other than the occasional toothpaste purchase.

I would love any tips or websites you could offer. I'd REALLY like to take advantage of having CVS be 2 minutes down the road, especially with these gas prices!

We love and miss you guys!

Joy said...

Wow! Way to go! I am not so sure that I could accomplish the Drugstore game...I constantly loose or forget the coupons and I am not a very patient person. ;( I do good to keep up with the kiddos and on occasion (as in very rare) clean the house! ;) I am super excited for you though! That is so awesome! You go!!! However, I love your crafty creation! It looks beautiful! I love that it holds sweet memories from your day out on the island as well. Ahhh, to be so close to the beach!