CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Can you hear the Island Music?

This is an excerpt from Connor's school online paper. He was one of the students that stayed for the master class. I'm thinking a cold frozen drink with an umbrella straw and a relaxing day under an umbrella hut. Ahhhhhhhh.

Students get a close-up experience of steel drums and percussion instruments.

Lower School Goes Caribbean

For an hour on October 3, the Ashley Carroll Student Center vibrated to the music of Caribbean Sound as this musical group led the Lower School students through a lively history of the steel drum, or steel pan. The program was conducted in cooperation with The Fort Pierce Jazz Society. For the second hour of the program, some music students were able to participate in a Master Class and try out the instruments for themselves.

1 comments:

NANA said...

Catching up with the bog myself. Carribean Music is my favorite. Steel drums can make me relax and take me to wonderful places in my mind. C looks like a "pro"