CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Little Update

Thanks to Miss Becca and Mrs K. for their input into our "don't-touch-the-sunshine-state-books" dilemma. It pretty much blew over. I can walk into a dark room and find Maclain in one little patch of light creeping in from another room . . . straining to read. I'll start saving for the glasses. He still loves to bury himself in a book and can do so with all sorts of activity going on in the room . . so overall, the little incident did not wound his desire to read . . . that's a blessing.

Not much going on around here. I put a townhouse under contract after I just listed it 14 days earlier. That is a record for this market. And it is nice to be on both $ides of the transaction.

The boys have a swim meet in Winter Haven this weekend so we will head up to Orlando for a couple days and enjoy that. They have been training extra hard the last week or so and Maclain is pooped!

Dale is doing a lighting job right now and was able to take the boys with him after school to assist. They get a big kick out of that . . . and a few bucks as well. We match what they put in the savings so they are pretty excited to see how 5.00 can become 10.00.

Belle is getting ready for a "mini meet" at gymnastics. I will try to get pictures. It is not until the end of the month but she asks about it every day.

Connor is on the downhill slide to Middle School. Can you believe it? He is not so sure about it but I have a meeting with the 6th grade counselor next week.
In middle school they only carry a three ring binder. That's all. No backpack. No books. They have a set of books at school and a duplicate set of books at home. I chuckle when I remember trying to bring a book home from Farragut Intermediate School. We were told "no" so many times I confess I snuck it out for him. Don't get me started! The books are also available online . . .

I have been picking the kids up right after school instead of them staying until about 3:30 or 4:00. (They get out at 2:00) I liked it b/c they had homework club. Since I started picking them up at about 2:20 (Connor is a saftey so he has duties) Isabelle has been falling asleep in the car on the way home. We only live about 1.5 miles from the school. Wish I could take a nap everyday!

That's about it. Nothing too exciting. Jordan rocked on American Idol tonight. She reminds me of Miss Becca. May we all keep the victims and families and students/faculty at the VT massacre in our prayers. And the parents of the gunman. Can you even imagine?

Have a peaceful rest of the week.

3 comments:

King said...

Congrats on the double-ended sale Kim! Way to go :-). I'm glad to hear the reading incident has passed without issue. I hope Maclain enjoyed the Korman book...and the many other books I know he'll be digging in to. Take care!

Julie

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

I love to see updates on the Jewetts' blog. :) It always makes me smile to see a new heading when the page loads. :) We too are excited to hear about your latest deal--praise the Lord! And it's delightful to know Maclain is still delighting so in his books. :) In general, I'd say my "biggest" behavior issue this year has been getting their noses out of books--such a GREAT problem to have, if you ask me!!
We also though Jordin did an amazing job last night, and thanks for your sweet words. Almost every week, Matt says, "I have my own Jordin Sparks right here." You and he must be on the same wavelength. :)
We miss you!! Please tell the boys we'll be thinking of them with their swim meet and tell Belle we'll be thinking of her gymnastics meet. How in the world did Isabelle go from 7 months old to gymnastics meets?!? Yikes! :)
Love,
Miss Becca