CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mothers




I wanted to post a pic or two that celebrates mothers. The first one is Connor's early Mother's Day gift to me. I had taken a picture (or 1000) of the boys when we would visit Seaside. In my picture, Maclain was a month shy of 2 and Connor would be early 4's. (Ahhhh) Connor painted it for me in his art class. He goes to a local studio and only works in oils at this point. A little impressionistic, wouldn't you agree?? Post back and let him know what you think.


Also, the boys have been training at a pool about 20 minutes away due to the fact that their pool is being resurfaced. The good news is it is a long course pool and their next meet is there, so it will feel like a homefield advantage. Isabelle and I walk around the campus and found a pond with a Mother duck and her little gaggle (?) Is that right . . . a gaggle? Anyway, she has 12 of them . . .okay, even though she laid eggs and did not have to birth these little things the way we do, that is still a heap of eggs to sit on!! So that is my second set of pics. The "mom" factor in the pond.


So, an early tribute to Moms.

4 comments:

King said...

Connor, You have been given a gift! We can't wait to watch your talent in art grow, and to own a "Connor Jewett original." It's no wonder "My-favorite-class-is-art Trey finds such a wonderful friendship and kindred spirit in you! Keep up the amazing work! Hi to Maclain and Belle, too, from Trey, Cam and their parents. We're still hoping for Camp King this summer :-). Happy early Mother's Day to your awesome Mom!

NANA said...

I saw this piece in the works and knew it would be beautiful. Connor, you have done an amazing job! Your Mom was so proud of those snapshots that she took so many years ago.....I bet she never dreamed that one day there would be a painting done by one of those little boys. Mothers never know what their little "gaggle" will produce later on.

I am proud to say that I do have a Connor Jewett original.....it is still in Florida but one day it will hang in my home. Wish I had saved all of those crayon drawings on placemats over the years....they might be worth $$$$ later on ;)

Poppy and I are so very proud of all of you in each of your special talents. Good thing God made us all different or life would be very boring.

A salute to you Kim for always putting Motherhood above all else. I have always been in awe of your dedication and love for your family. You might loose keys & cell phones but you never loose site of your purpose when it comes to family.

Love Nana

Cheryl said...

Connor - your painting is BEAUTIFUL! I remember the photo - and your art lets me see it in another wonderful way! What a gift God has given you. I hope you always use it for His glory. We miss ALL of you tons and heaps! Love, Cheryl

Becca said...

Connor--your picture is AMAZING! WOW! I am so impressed, and it just makes me GRIN to think of you enjoying the gifts the Lord has given you and using them in such a SPECIAL way (to bless others, like your mom!)!! I love it!

We love you and miss you all very much!
Love,
Miss Becca