CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lost, I tell you . . . LOST!!

It's official. My cell phone is lost. I hear a collective gasp. Seriously . . . I cannot tell you how much of my life was tied up in that little device/tool/ball and chain. We went through the entire tracing of the steps, cleaning out of the van (that was a positive consequence) and searching the condo. Hey . . another plus! Going from 3000 sq. feet of living space to under 1300 made the search faster. But the results were still the same. The little thing is lost and with a dead battery at that so we cannot search by calling it. Can you imagine a day in the life of a Realtor with no phone. Not pretty. So, I now have a new phone but am painfully trying to input my phone numbers. Those of you who are regular readers, please give me a ring so I can input your name into my contacts.

Our weekend in Winter Haven was great. The boys swam well for a their first long course meet (50 meters) and Connor swam a couple 100's. Maclain won one of his heats . . . . 50 meter breaststroke (I think) and got a heat ribbon so he was pumped. Then he got DQ'd (disqualified) on his 50 meter Butterfly. He came out of the timers box so bummed, he didn't want to talk to his coach afterwards. I told him we take the good with the bad and to get is little surfer dude rear end over to the coach to discuss his event. The boys have really strong strokes . . . just not a ton of speed. Connor is a bit more tuned into that fact as he swims with the 11-12 yr old boys and some of those little Olympians are fast. We just ask them to do their best.

I did a Priceline.com deal and we got a great room in Orlando near all the parks. Priceline books smoking rooms first so I always call the hotel to confirm our arrival and make sure it is nonsmoking. We were upgraded upon our arrival so that was even better. We went to Downtown Disney Saturday night and waited for our table at the Rainforest Cafe. While we waited we did the Lego store and a couple others.

We finished the meet by mid afternoon on Sunday and headed home. It was only about 1.5 - 2 hrs so not bad overall. Lots of orange groves to drive through.


We are back into our routine with the school week and work. I am picking the kids up after school so I don't feel as productive as I have over the last several months. My prayer is that I will find peace in that.

Have a super week.

1 comments:

King said...

Congrats to the boys on a great swim meet. You're right on with just encouraging them to do their best. I'm sure the weekend felt like a mini-vacation for you all! Hope you find the phone, if even so you can get the contact numbers! I know the kids enjoy having you pick them up, and I also understand the need to just...get...things...done! Some days we find that balance, others we don't. Like we tell the kids, we just do our best :-)