CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Pillowcase = Balance

So I have been reading the blogs of some very creative people and it has really got me missing the sewing days of my past. It is insane for me to even consider taking on a sewing project but it is nice to remember those days. Some of them have been doing seasonal pillowcases. While I is 7 now, I thought she might enjoy one. I was in Walmart one day and just wandered over to the fabic area. Pretty pathetic, actually. But I did see some silky Hannah Montana fabric. So I paid way too much for this silky fabric and pink silky binding and Is and I sewed up a few seams and she was then the proud owner of a new Hannah Montana pillowcase. What a great idea for a girl sleepover party . . said she who doesn't allow sleepovers.
So I put the rest of my agenda away for a couple hours and made my little girl so happy. M wants to make one for his friend, J, who if you will recall from earlier posts, had cp and is Hannah Montana crazy. I think we will.

The kids have a meet this weekend and D is so slammed I am flying solo tomorrow. For someone who did it so well for so many years, I am like a fish out of water when I have to carry it all now.

Praise. My sis in laws tumors are shrinking. Dramatically. I got to visit with her yesterday and her hair is about to fall out. I said, "I know it is easy for me to sit here with a head full of hair and say, 'don't worry about your hair', but . . . DONT WORRY ABOUT YOUR HAIR" She is as ready as one can be. She is doing well so far on the weekly chemo. Keep her in your prayers.

Have a great weekend.

1 comments:

Joy said...

Hip hip hooray for dusting off the sewing machine!!! Isn't that weird how much accomplishment and satisfaction it can bring to finish something! Yipppeeee! Of course it can open that can of worms when others start saying, hey, I want one of those! ;)
Happy sewing to you!!!