CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Backyard Circuit Training . . brought to you by Is

So, the pool water is warm enough to swim in . . if you consider 78 degrees warm enough. Personally, I prefer the 98 degrees of the ocean in mid-August. I thought I would swim some laps, which is not very effective in a kidney shaped pool, but exercise still the same. My daughter decided to designate "stations" to add to the workout regime. Two days in the gym and a private on Saturday's has turned her into a machine. But to her it is fun. To me it is work. So put the two together and we have a picture I never anticipated. Mother following daughter around the pool attempting to keep up. Here is her plan:

1. 5 laps of free style

2. 20 pull up's/ chin ups at the waterfall

3. 10 leg lifts or kicks of each stroke (free, breast, fly)

4. 100 IM (individual medley . . but keep in mind, we don't have a 25 yd pool)

5. pull Mom off the bottom of the pool as she sunk!

I think I will have to pull out the old "don't forget Mommy broke both of her arms" card and become a spectator.

0 comments: